Another week has gone by already. Here’s this week’s round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web:
- “Rethinking Guernica” is a new interactive website from the Reina Sofia museum in Madrid, Spain about Picasso’s famous painting.
- The Craftsy blog shares seven ways to finish a granny square with different crochet stitches.
- The 2017 National Book Award winners have been announced.
- Nice write-up about a popular free band sampler stitch-a-long started by Linen and Threads, a needlework store based in Wentworth Falls, Australia.
- I also enjoyed this write-up in a local paper about A Stitch in Time, a needlework and knitting shop in Bethel, Connecticut.
- Artist Julie French uses a sewing machine to create her continuous line thread drawings.
Video of the Week
The month of gratitude songs continues with “Kind and Generous” by Natalie Merchant.