Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- Author and illustrator Meera Lee Patel shares 3 ways to channel your fears into creativity.
- Are you a maker or an excuse maker? The Textile Artist blog has some tips for reaching your creative goals in 2018.
- Do you love SALs? Stitching the Night Away has a comprehensive round-up of stitch-a-longs happening this year. Beware: This list is massive and may cause out-of-control stash enhancement. You’ve been warned.
- Shea Goitia creates colorful abstract embroidery pieces inspired by coral reefs.
- Need some lighthearted books to get you through the rest of winter? Book Riot has a list of top 25 favorite cozy mystery series.
- Have an old pair of jeans you can’t bear to toss? Give them a facelift with this tutorial for embroidering jeans through a combination of appliqué and free-motion machine sewing.
Video of the Week
I’m continuing the theme of “fresh starts” with this week’s video. You’r life doesn’t need to be falling apart to dance along to this upbeat tune by Jason Mraz.