Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- I soooo needed to read this article over at the Textile Artist: “Diagnosis: Artistic paralysis” doesn’t just accurately describe the feelings of creative paralysis but also provides tips for how to break out of the cycle.
- Sweet profile of a local needlepointer who recently won an award for her work from the American Needlepoint Guild.
- I’ve featured the work of Ulla Stina Wikander before, but she has some new sculptural objects covered in needlepoint and they’re pretty cool.
- A woman in the U.K. creates amazing felted wool tapestries depicting scenes from the Middle Ages.
- So, apparently people are shelving their books backwards? Moby Lives shares some hilarious responses to the backward book-shelving trend.
Video of the Week
Another fun song for the new yer and fresh starts: “Best Day of My Life” by American Authors.