Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, art, and book news from around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- I agree with this blog post about being tired of imaginary pressure to post beautiful images of projects in progress on social media, but it’s a little hard to take her seriously when her blog post is profusely illustrated with her own perfectly lit, “on-brand” photographs.
- Oooo. Simplicty and McCall’s may be launching a new digital sewing pattern platform.
- I am tempted by these embroidery transfer pens from Sublime Stitching. Does anyone have experience with them?
- Lovely story about a stitched Torah tapestry project that has involved volunteer stitchers from around the world.
- Love this: 22 ambassadors recommend the one book to read before visiting their country.
- I am sooo excited for this documentary about Mr. Rogers. I cry just watching the trailer. And, So September has a free Mr. Rogers embroidery pattern you can download and stitch.
Other things: I’ve been a busy little bee behind the scenes the past couple weeks. I am working on new cross-stitch patterns for my Etsy shop! I have a whole series planned. One is done and four more are sketched out. Stay tuned!
Video of the Week
It’s been along time since I featured any animated short films, so enjoy “Defective Detective.”
I agree with your take on her blog post – shame she is too polished on her SM.