It’s that time again. Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Oh boy, how did it get to be June already? Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled that the semester is over and summer break is here. But, summer has snuck up on me again, and I want to slow down and enjoy it this year.
Here are this week’s links:
- I love these mixed media landscapes by Louise O’Hara.
- “Hand-Sewn Hairstyles That Cascade From Embroidered Hoops by Sheena Liam.” So cool.
- Fish embroidery stitched on tulle. Striking and unusual.
- Lots of summer reading lists coming out now, including “11 juicy memoirs to toss in your beach bag.”
- How about “summer reading recommendations from 6 novelists who own bookstores“?
- Bas Bleu also has their summer reading list ready.
Video of the Week
Yay, new album by Imagine Dragons!