I have two stitching projects to share this week. First, I am still working on my “All Shall Be Well” Julian of Norwich cross-stitch project, and I have made more progress on the lettering. Then, I have a new project to share that I started this week thanks to my local embroidery guild.
Last week I had just finished the third row of lettering on “All Shall Be Well.” Since then, I have started stitching the last part of the quote. Since there are only two pages left of the pattern, I decided to stitch the page rather than stitching all the way across the fourth line of lettering. So, it looks a bit odd right now.
Please excuse the wrinkles, too! I stitch with a hoop, so the fabric is usually rolled and folded up around the area I’m stitching.
But, so far, so good, and I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this piece, which usually motivates me to finish it sooner rather than later.
If I haven’t said it lately, the “All Shall Be Well” cross-stitch pattern was designed by me and is available on Etsy as a pdf chart.
I signed up for this next project at my embroidery guild. The project teaches some lessons about color theory and choosing colors for embroidery projects. It is worked in rice stitch using three different colors, and you switch the order of the colors in the stitch for each section to create different color effects. Although the project sounds difficult to describe, it stitches up fast. Here is the first square of stitches completed:
I chose a bright green, a yellow, and an apricot orange for my colors. They felt very summery to me. For the first block, I started with the green, then worked the next part of the rice stitch using the yellow, and added the final part of the stitch with the apricot.
I have no idea how this is going to turn out, but it is fun to stitch. If it works out, I might do a whole series of them — maybe one in autumn colors, one in winter, and one with spring colors! We’ll see.