I can hardly believe that Labor Day was this past Monday. This did not feel like a 4-day work week. I’m ready to crash.
Friday Finds is my weekly round-up of needlework, textile, books and art links from my wanderings around the web.
Here are this week’s links:
- Libby Williams combines painting with embroidery to create one-of-a-kind pieces that celebrate her love of travel.
- The Mr. X Stitch blog shares 20 creative uses for Kreinik thread.
- I love this idea: “10 College Courses to Read Along With This Semester (From Your Couch)“
- I’m such a sucker for these book lists. Book Riot shares “100 Must-Read Travel Books“.
- These tiny dioramas are amazing: “Miniature Scenes Staged Inside Jewelry Boxes by Curtis Talwst Santiago.”
- The Spruce rounds up links to 10 conversion charts for embroidery threads.
Video of the Week
This short video is a clip from an upcoming episode of Craft in America on PBS about the importance of weaving in Mexican textiles.